Welcome to the Cloud DNA Project!
We are glad to have you join us and hope you’ll work with us as we collectively try to put the pieces of our family history back together.
When you click on the link below, a new window will open in your browser to the registration page at Family Tree DNA where you will order the test you want.
If you’re not sure what to order, please study the page on “The DNA Test“.
Click here to register with FTDNA and to purchase your test kit.
The DNA Project administrator will periodically send updates on the DNA Project to people who request to receive them and also to the Cloud email forum at rootsweb.
You are cordially invited to share in the on-line forum we use at RootsWeb. This is an email group (or forum) dedicated to researching the Cloud family. To join it, send an email to CLOUD-REQUEST@rootsweb.com. Put the word subscribe in either the subject or the body of the message. You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to participate in the forum.
Click here for details on the Cloud email forum.
Please don’t forget to submit your pedigree information to the Project Administrator
– click on the “Submit Pedigree” link.
- Cloud DNA Home.
- Why DNA - Ways in which DNA can help genealogical research.
- Goals - The reasons we're using this tool and what we expect from it.
- Guidelines - The procedures used and how to participate.
- FAQ - Answers to the most common questions about the use of DNA in genealogy.
- DNA Basics - A brief introduction to DNA and how it is used in genealogy.
- The DNA Lab - Information about the testing service that performs our DNA tests.
- The DNA Test - How the DNA sample is taken and what is done with it.
- We need You - Why we need you to join the Project.
- Project Rules - The simple requirements for successful participation.
- Registration - The Registration Form.
- Submit Pedigree - Submit your Pedigree Information.
- What to expect from your Y-DNA test:
- Cloud DNA Project Results:
- Interesting and informative web sites.
- FTDNA Site Map - A useful guide to our testing company's web site.
- Contact – Email the Project Administrator with your questions.
- Cloud DNA forum – Join the Cloud DNA email list.
- * Anyone descended from a Cloud family can join the Project.
- Participation is not restricted to Cloud Family Association members.
- * The Y-STR CLOUD Surname Project can only use data from men who are a descendant through the male-only line of a CLOUD male ancestor.
- Your pedigree is required to facilitate comparison and analysis of your data.
- See "Project Rules" for eligibility.