Why use DNA to help in DNA Research
… or, what’s wrong with the way we’ve always done it?
Why you should seriously consider using DNA to complement your research.
- It can provide additional proof of your family lineage.
- It can validate questionable portions of your research.
- It can help you extend your knowledge of your family lineage further back in time.
- It can eliminate unnecessary and fruitless research on unrelated lines.
- It can save you money.
- If the information saves you one trip out of town, it has paid for itself.
- Knowing where NOT to research can save you time and money.
- Compared to the costs of travel, lodging, meals, copying and other expenses associated with traditional research, a DNA test is a small but potentially invaluable resource.
- DNA isn’t subject to the errors so often encountered in traditional research — it is a permanent record of your ancestors they have bequeathed to you, and no one can change or falsify it.
- The additional proof offered by DNA can provide a level of confidence in your family history research that was previously unavailable.
- Cloud DNA Home.
- Why DNA - Ways in which DNA can help genealogical research.
- Goals - The reasons we're using this tool and what we expect from it.
- Guidelines - The procedures used and how to participate.
- FAQ - Answers to the most common questions about the use of DNA in genealogy.
- DNA Basics - A brief introduction to DNA and how it is used in genealogy.
- The DNA Lab - Information about the testing service that performs our DNA tests.
- The DNA Test - How the DNA sample is taken and what is done with it.
- We need You - Why we need you to join the Project.
- Project Rules - The simple requirements for successful participation.
- Registration - The Registration Form.
- Submit Pedigree - Submit your Pedigree Information.
- What to expect from your Y-DNA test:
- Cloud DNA Project Results:
- Interesting and informative web sites.
- FTDNA Site Map - A useful guide to our testing company's web site.
- * Anyone descended from a Cloud family can join the Project.
- Participation is not restricted to Cloud Family Association members.
- * The Y-STR CLOUD Surname Project can only use data from men who are a descendant through the male-only line of a CLOUD male ancestor.
- Your pedigree is required to facilitate comparison and analysis of your data.
- See "Project Rules" for eligibility.